SUMMER RETREAT - HEALTHY U
This is a summer retreat designed to help our students get away from everyday distractions and focus on taking the next step in their faith journey.
We will have a lot of fun while we are there, but our goal is to look at some ways our students can be healthy in all areas of their lives:
*technologically (social media, etc.)
In addition to great Bible study designed to challenge our students to take their next step in their faith journey, we will have a lot of fun!
*Tubing (being pulled behind a boat)
*Swimming (lake and pool)
*Chilling like villains!
We will leave at noon after church on Sunday, July 10.
We will return @ 7-7:30 pm on Wednesday evening.
We will be staying at a lake house owned by a family member of Trey Thames.
It is located at 6001 Open Water Way, Streetman, TX on beautiful Richland-Chambers Reservoir.
Healthy U is for 6th-12th grade students who regularly attend ORBC student ministry.
While we have many events that are designed for our students to REACH out and invite their friends, this event is not intended to be a REACH event.
The cost for this event is $50 plus additional money for fast food on the trip up and the trip back home ($15-$20).
Additionally, we will likely travel into Fairfield and get some homemade peach ice cream, fudge, etc. So, a few extra dollars would be helpful.
A deposit of $25 is due at the time of registration. Payment can be made via cash or check and given to the Student Pastor (Trey Thames) on Sunday or Wednesday. Or, an on-line payment can be made.
Full payment is due by July 3.
The deadline to sign up is July 3.
- Bible (please don’t forget this!)
- Clothes for 4 days (t-shirts, shorts, underwear – seriously – don’t forget the underwear!)
- Water shoes
- Towels (2)
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant – seriously – deodorant!!, etc.)
- Medications (OTC and prescription)
- Some students will share a queen/king size bed while a couple will be on bunk beds. Sheets will be provided, but bring pillows and blankets.
- Water bottle
- Laundry bag
- Personal snacks
- Good attitude and ready to have fun!
Do not bring:
- Weapon (knife, gun, etc.)
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, vaping pen
- Portable electronics
- Bad attitude
- Students may bring their cell phone, but they will be put away for most of each day. There will be a time period each day where students can check messages, call parents, etc., but it will be limited.
- We want our students to spend time having fun, AWAY from distractions, and connecting with each other and our Student Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Retreat staff will have their phones and can be contacted at any time in case of emergency. (Those numbers will be given to parents before we depart.)
- All medications, both OTC and prescription, must be declared on the Medical Release Form.
- All medications will be given to retreat staff at check-in before we depart (this ensures that students are not sharing medications).
- All medications must be in a zip-top bag (with the student’s first and last name written on the bag with a permanent marker) in original prescription bottle with dosing instructions, or for OTC, in their original packaging.